Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Emily Harris' comment on "A Room of One's Own" by Virginia Woolf

Last semester I was introduced to Woolf's essay "A Room of One's Own" and at the time a particularly enticing section sparked my interest and that was the discussion of William Shakespeare's fictional sister. Although this essay doesn't have a substantially strong connection and relation to the playwright and poet himself, it does raise a very interesting and insightful inquiry: what if Shakespeare had a sister? Obviously this question is easily responded to with acknowledgement of the time and societal expectations of a woman.
Anyway...as for my very first blog post EVER, I decided to share my initial thoughts and comments on connections to William Shakespeare. Much, much more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment